Given that indirect taxes are more and more of hot interest to people, corroborated with the increased need to have a formal “Indirect taxes experts get together”, the Indirect Taxes Practice Group has been set up to serve as a point of reference within GGI for the following purposes:
- Increase awareness of GGI members’ expertise;
- Exchange information, knowledge and experiences with international VAT experts;
- Create a formal pool of technical expertise and best practices;
- Provide a valuable network of specialist advisors for clients;
- Undertake multijurisdictional mandates on compliance and consulting.
Group members will benefit from the regularly exchange with international indirect taxes experts. The Indirect Taxes Practice Group aims to develop synergies in order to work as a group in putting together offers for clients and referrals, as well as . The Group should be marketed as a tool in bringing new clients onboard by offering international expertise.
Further, the Indirect Taxes Practice Group could also be part in the EU public consultation mandates such as the Green Paper on the future of VAT – towards a simpler, more robust and efficient VAT system, consultation closed May 2011.