Purpose of the Practice Group
The GGI Practice Group Labour Law was established during the 2012 European Conference at Cannes. The specific goals of the Practice Group are the exchange of both knowledge and experience, enhancement of business opportunities, the promotion of contacts and the establishment of an international employment law network within GGI. The membership of this Practice Group is open to any member of GGI, especially attorneys-at-law, tax lawyers and accountants.
As the field of employment law is interesting for many professionals, we strive to organise Practice Group meetings that attract many GGI members from different disciplines. To give some examples, the following topics shall be discussed during our future meetings:
- Various types of employment contracts;
- Reorganisation and (international) restructuring;
- Termination and severance payment;
- (International) transfer of employees;
- The influence of collective labor agreements;
- Harmonisation and unilateral amendment of employment conditions;
- Data Protection in relation to International Transfer of Employees.
Should you be interested in joining this Practice Group or should you have any queries left, please do not hesitate to get in contact with Jeffrey L.R. Kenens (Chairman) or Andrea Hellman (Vice Chairman). We are happy to help you along.